Sunday 23 February 2014

Project Wedding Gown (Part 2)

Today I started on my calico dress (or toile if you're feeling fancy). I'm loving my pattern because it seems to be a pretty simple panelled dress without too much fiddly sewing things which is excellent. Here are some pictures of the process:

I went to the fabric shop and bought a whole roll of calico! Here are SOME of the pattern pieces laid out to be pinned and cut.



The bottom half of the dress (before gathering). I just wanted to wander around the house with a train so this was the first part of the dress I made.



Without the gathering the waist was massive...



...so I invited Mum in!


I'm hoping to make the calico bodice tomorrow morning but probably won't be able to do an update on here for a little while because I have to fly home to Sydney at midday... Never fear though, it will make it online eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment